Our Values and Ethics
The School Uniform Shop Values
- Ethical: At the School Uniform Shop all of our uniform is ethically sourced. This means that no child labour is used, working conditions are safe and hygienic, working hours are not excessive, regular breaks are implemented, wages are of the industry or country norm, and employment is freely chosen. NO person will be taken against their will or forced to work, and factories undergo rigorous checks and audits to make sure they are a safe and secure structure.
- Pride: At the School Uniform Shop, we are proud to be one of the only suppliers of ALL ethical uniform in the business. We are proud of what we’ve achieved as a business and we’re proud of our customers’ and friends’ continuous support.
- Quality: Our aim is to provide excellent quality clothing for all of your child's needs. Our tried and tested uniform has consistently good reviews from parents, and are always easy to care for. Most items can be put straight into the washing machine! The detailing on each garment is always to the highest standard.
- Affordability: We may not be the cheapest supplier but we are definitely the best value for money. Our uniform is of the best quality at affordable prices. You can buy a complete plain school uniform from us for as little as £23. Purchasing from us will also give you the peace of mind that your child's school uniform is being manufactured ethically and responsibly.
- Relationships: We pride ourselves on the relationships we build, with the schools we work with, our customers, and our colleagues.
- Our Team: We’re an approachable, trustworthy, friendly and kind team that offer professional expert knowledge and advice. Our staff embrace change and are continually developed to update their skills and knowledge.
Ethically Sourced Products
Imagine that you wake up at 7am. Your bed is the floor underneath your desk. You’ve had only a few mouthfuls of food since your last shift. You’re forced to work from 8am until 1am with no breaks, little water. You aren't allowed outside, or to make any phone calls to your family. You are 6 years old.
This is a harsh reality for too many children around the world, being forced into child labour in disgusting conditions, many of whom are only 5, 6 and 7 years old.
The School Uniform Shop is proud to be a supporter and supplier of ethically produced school uniform. By purchasing our uniform, you are helping to protect not only children, but adults and vulnerable people from around the world.
All of our ethical suppliers ensure their garments are produced in environments where all the points below and more are met.
- No child labour is used in any of their factories.
- Working conditions are safe, hygienic and of health & safety standard.
- Working hours are not excessive and regular breaks are implemented.
- Wages are of the industry / country norm and many workers receive work benefits.
- Employment is freely chosen and NO person will be taken against their will or forced to work.
- Factories undergo rigorous checks and audits to make sure they are a safe and secure structure.
We are proud to say that ALL our schoolwear ticks ALL of those boxes and more.